How it Works
Here's how it works...
Simply add one or more of the following Currencies to your Multi-currency Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard: US Dollars (USD), British Pounds Sterling (GBP), Euros (EUR), Canadian Dollars (CAD), Australian Dollars (AUD), Japanese Yen (JPY) and/or Mexican Pesos (MXN).
Your convenient travel money card can then be used at more than 2.1 million MasterCard ATMs, and over 35.9 million locations worldwide and online wherever Debit MasterCard is accepted, and where you see the MasterCard or Maestro® Acceptance Mark or the Accel™ logo.
Keep your Card loaded with funds and it’ll be ready for the next trip.
..and this is what makes it smart
Wherever you are in the world, your Multi-currency Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard always knows which Currency to use.
If the local currency isn't one of the Currencies on the Card or if you don't have enough of the local Currency on your Card, then your Card will revert to the other Currencies on your Card, in the following order: USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, AUD, JPY and MXN, to determine if you can cover the bill in another Currency.
Please bear in mind that you will be charged a foreign exchange fee, should this occur. Please see the Fees and Limits tables for details.
You can manage your money online...
…and spend it online too
You can also use your Card for online shopping, great for spending any left-over foreign currency!
Remember that if you are shopping online in a currency other than one of the Currencies on your Card, or you don't have enough of the local Currency on your Card, you will be charged a foreign exchange fee.
And, you'll have lots of helpful people to support you
Our call center is here for you, filled with helpful people and open 24/7, 365 days a year.
Chip and PIN protected and with Global Assistance for peace of mind - your Multi-currency Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard is the only travel money card you'll ever need.
Relax - your travel money is protected
- Chip and PIN protected
- Not linked to your personal bank account
- 24/7 Global Assistance
- Free replacement of lost, stolen or damaged Cards*
*While this feature is available for free, certain other transaction fees and costs, terms, and conditions, are associated with the use of this Card. See cardholder agreement for more details.
Adaptable to meet your travel needs
- Load multiple currencies# on one Card
- Whether you're in Tokyo or Toronto, your Card knows which currency to use
- Use and reload your Card again and again##
- Reload at participating US branches of the Purchase Location###
# The Currencies on the Card may vary from time to time and are subject to availability. The maximum Card balance at any one time (across all Currencies) may not exceed US$8,500.
## Until Card expiry and subject to reload limits (see Fees and Limits section).
### Reload channels depend on where you bought your Card.
A convenient way to spend, access and manage your money
- Local access to your money from more than 2 million ATMs displaying the MasterCard Acceptance Mark worldwide
- Spend at more than 35 million MasterCard locations worldwide, with no transaction fee*
- Shop online with confidence wherever you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark
- Move money from one Currency to another, view your balance(s) and check your transactions online**