Single Currency Non USD Cardholder
Dear State Bank Customer,
We are pleased to inform you that we have launched State Bank Multi-currency Foreign Travel card - a new way to travel which will give you the ability to carry multiple currencies on one card.
Being an esteemed customer, we are offering you a free upgrade of your single Currency State Bank Foreign Travel Card to a multi-currency Foreign Travel Card.
In this regard, we request you to either upgrade the existing Card to a multi-currency card free of Cost or take refund (perform cashout) within a period of 60 days (i.e. till 14th November 2014).
For upgrading the card, you can follow the given simple steps:
- Visit your nearest State Bank FTC issuing branch, taking with you relevant identification documents and submit a request for upgrade. The branch official will handover new multi-currency Card to you. The available balance on your existing card will be automatically transferred to your new Multi-Currency Card. This may take up to 3-5 business days.
- Alternatively, if you do not wish to avail this new Card, you can also opt for refund (cash out) of the available amount on your existing Card at your nearest State Bank FTC issuing branch.No refund fee will be charged by the Bank and the available foreign currency amount will be converted into INR as per the Foreign exchange rate of the Bank applicable for that day.
In case you are abroad not able to visit your SBI Branch, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
Please Note:- We may not be able to re-load the Card with additional amount.
Following are some of the key benefits that you can enjoy with Multi Currency Foreign Travel Card:
- Travel across the globe with a single card, no need to buy multiple Cards, while visiting multiple countries.
- The card can be loaded with multiple currencies from your nearest State Bank Foreign Travel Card issuing branch. Currently, only 4 additional currencies can be loaded on the card viz. USD, GBP, EURO & SGD. (More currencies will be available for loading as and when they are added).
- You can utilise the funds transferred from your existing card to shop in store or online, or to withdraw funds from an ATM, in the same way as your Single currency Card.
- Further, the Card is multi-wallet smart card, which can utilise the overall cumulative balances across the currencies, to enable you to perform the transactions smoothly i.e. In case there are insufficient funds in a particular Currency, then the payment of the transaction will be automatically processed using the available balances in other Currencies in the following order of priority: USD, GBP, EURO and SGD.
- You can also use your Card at participating merchants for partial payments, if the available balance on your Card is not sufficient for the transaction.
For knowing balance on your Card, simply go to ‘My Account’ at www.sbitravelcard.com, register your State Bank Multi Currency Foreign Travel Card (if not registered) and you’ll be able to see your balance and your recent transactions. Alternatively, you can call Card Services to use the automated balance enquiry service 'My Account' is an online Card management area where, once you have registered your Card, you can check your balance and review your transaction history. Visit ‘My Account’ to check your available funds.
Please visit www.sbitravelcard.com for more information on the product feature and on how to use your State Bank Multi-Currency Foreign Travel Card to travel the world in a convenient way
Please note to either upgrade your card or take refund of remaining funds before 4th November 2014.
Team Foreign Travel Cards